Hollis Real Estate
According to Samuel T. Worcester’s history which was commissioned by the town selectmen in 1878, the town was incorporated in the province of New Hampshire on April 3, 1746, “to have continence forever by the name of Holles…”
Hollis serves it’s student population with a number of public and private schools. To learn more about our public schools please visit SAU 41. In addition to the public schools, Hollis also has a number of private schools. Click Here for additional information about all of the schools available in the Hollis area.
Hollis has an incredible array of restaurants for you to choose from. Whether your looking for a spectacular Fine Dining experience, Casual Dining, Family Fun, or a quick Take Out, you can find it here!
The Greater Hollis area has a number of local attractions and fun things to do for a day, weekend, or vacation. Check out Family Days Out for more information on Theme parks & Water Fun, Museum’s & History, Entertainment, Camping, Skiing and more!
Looking for a local Hollis business? Click Here to see local businesses associated with the Chamber of Commerce.
Historical facts about Hollis:
When Hollis was incorporated, the town tax list comprised 54 families.
- By 1760, that number had risen to over 105 families.
- The first trial for murder in Hillsborough County was of Israel Wilkins Jr, of Hollis, for the murder of his father, Israel Wilkins Sr., on November 2, 1772. Wilkins Jr. was found guilty of man-slaughter, pleaded benefit of clergy, and was subsequently branded upon the thumb with the letter “T”, and forced to forfeit all his goods to the King.
- Two-thirds of the grantees of the charter for the town of Plymouth, New Hampshire were from Hollis, causing Worcester to refer to it as “A Hollis Colony”.
- Eight Hollis residents were killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill.
- 202 Hollis men died while in the army during the Revolutionary War.
- In 1820, Hollis had five grain mills, six saw mills, one clothing mill, two taverns and four stores. By 1878, it had one grain mill, no saw or clothing mills, no taverns, and one store.
Click here to search all homes available in Hollis, NH.
For more information about Hollis Real Estate, please contact Lajoie Home Team at 603-498-6462. Sign up on my website www.LajoieHomeTeam.com to view the latest homes for sale in Hollis, NH!
Start searching for your Dream home in Hollis, NH today. Terry Lajoie is here to provide you with outstanding service for all your Real Estate needs.